North Carolina National Tournament Team Try-Outs
Sunday, April 28th
Check in 8:30 - 9:00am
Tryout runs from 9:00 - 1:00pm
(make up date Saturday. April 27th. Please keep weekend open. If severe weather is in the forecast for Sunday, try-out will be moved up.)
Tournament Information:The National Tournament will take place in Cedar Lane, Md on May 25th & 26th at Cedar Lane Regional Park. Now in its 88th year, this storied and historic tournament features regional high school girl’s lacrosse games and US National Team competition. This event attracts over 1,500 of the best competitors nationwide from every realm of women’s lacrosse as well as over 2,500 spectators.
*Pre-Registration is Required and Will Close Wednesday, April 25th at Midnight*
ONLY players graduating in years 2020 - 2022 are eligible to tryout.
Players trying out must be affiliated with a scholastic program (varsity, JV or freshman team) and have an active US Lacrosse membership number. If a player is only affiliated with a non-scholastic club team, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for waiver.
1. The 2019 NC National Tournament tryouts will cost $60 per player. If selected to a team, additional cost approximating $200 will be incurred and will include all but your individual tournament travel.
Tryout payment can be made:
in cash on the day of tryouts
by check made payable to Eastern NC Chapter of USL and sent to:
Michael Bagnasco/NC National Team Chair
134 Darley Dale Loop
Apex, NC 27502
(checks MUST arrive prior to the tryout date)
paid via credit card using THIS LINK (Register Today Button on the homepage)
2. Tryouts are closed to the public – NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED
3. Players will be given a number and identified by that number for the duration of the tryouts.
4. Players should wear dark shorts and white/light tee shirts (no logos or affiliations)
5. No school or club names on shirts, shorts, or on any equipment. Tape must be used to cover any logo/names including goalie helmets.
6. All participants must be present throughout the entire tryout process. In cases of extenuating circumstances due to illness or injury where a player cannot complete participation, a player must have participated in 2/3 of the tryout to be considered. No exceptions.
7. Players who are unable to participate in tryouts due to scheduling conflict or injury (concussion, sprain, etc.) will NOT be eligible for National Tournament.
The commitments required of this team are to pay the required fee, respond promptly to all communication via email, attend 1-2 practices (date, location, and times TBD) and to attend and participate fully and enthusiastically in the tournament.
Date: May 25-26, 2019
Venue: Cedar Lane Regional Park
1100 Cedar Lane
Bel Air, MD 21015
Tournament website link
NCAA Final Four Information:
The Women’s NCAA Division I Final Four Championship is taking place at Towson University, within driving distance of the National Tournament on the same weekend. Athletes and families are encouraged to come early and watch the Semifinal Games on Friday, May 24th and the finals on Sunday May 26th.
Women’s NCAA Division I Final Four Championship tickets will be available to athletes who are participating in the National tournament
Questions? Contact Michael Bagnasco ( email@example.com ) for more information.